12.07.2006

Laziness has outdone itself

Keeping in line with things I DON'T want for Christmas: A Nintendo Wii. There's a new article in the Wall Street Journal highlighting a burgeoning trend of people who are too fat and out of shape to play video games.

For those of you that don't know, the Nintendo Wii is a new video game system, where certain games require you to move the remote control in a manner that mimics the action of the characters on the screen. Simulated actions include, but are not limited to swinging a tennis racket, stabbing with a sword and bowling. Apparently people are experiencing fatigue, soreness and injuries as a result of these arm movements. It's times like these when I'm pretty ashamed to be an American. How did we become a nation of fat, lazy dingleberries who can't even PRETEND to swing a tennis racket without getting winded?

Honestly- who's getting injuries from playing video games and then reporting it to Nintendo? If I sprained my wrist playing video games, I'd lie about it and tell people I did it having a session with the wise master. That's WAY less embarassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home