8.09.2006

For the love of somewhat misleading headlines!!

So I just rolled into work - post-coffee, but still pre-eyebooger wiping session. ESPN.com came up on my screen from the previous evening and I hit refresh on my browser. Kind of a boring frontpage section, so I meandered over to the headlines down the side of the page. After reading an article about Maurice Clarett's crack and vodka-fueled superhuman tolerance for mace and stunguns, I ran across a headline that looked like it said "Bruschi out rest of season". Not knowing any "Bruschi's" other than the heart and soul of the New England Patriots defense. I had a little heart attack. Pretty standard Wednesday morning.

Turns out, the headline actually said PRE-season, but GODDAMN ESPN!! Your wreckless abandon with headline creation nearly cost me my life. Why is this newsworthy?? No one cares about players missing the pre-season!! Do something about this, Popkin.

P.S. Wily Mo hit a homerun last night. Boo ya.

2 Comments:

At 8/09/2006 10:18 AM , Blogger rob said...

i don't care much for the new england patriots. actually, i hate them, but i think that theodore brewski is hands down the best name in football.

 
At 8/11/2006 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should retitled your blog Dily Mo Pena. You could even keep the same initials.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home