8.11.2006

Friday wrap-up

Song of the week: Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty. I have a love/hate relationship with this song; it's melodies rang throughout the office all day today. I think it's actually taking over my life. I dare you to whistle a few bars of this tune and NOT have it stuck in your head for the rest of the day. Triple dog dare you, sucka. Also, the Foo Fighters do a pretty nifty cover that's worth checking out.

Sports story of the week: Gotta be Maurice Clarett. A hatchet, a loaded assault rifle, two handguns, half a bottle of grey goose, a bullet proof vest, and a cat hair roller?? Nuff said.

Things that have me excited: A renewed love for the first season of Chappelle Show. The Patriots season approaching fast- I can't say enough about Tom Brady, just a stand-up guy... He'd be on the Wall of Man, but ummm he's arguably kinda fruity. I just put in a vacation request for the last week in August/first couple days in September... I'll be spending my entire vacation in lovely Ipswich, Massachusetts!!! The weather in New York is supposed to be extremely nice this weekend... probably try to spend a little time in the park. The Ballad of Ricky Bobby- what can I say, I love Will Ferrell... if you wanna spend a night debating something, ask a roomful of people who's funnier, Ferrell or Farley. I just turned 23 last week and let me say it's an honor to be the same age as MJ's number... now the next birthday I have to look forward to is 45.

Things that have me slightly depressed: The Red Sox- I know I already blew up my own head earlier today, but I'm just so frustrated with this team right now and I'm starting to suspect that Varitek has more influence on the pitching staff than I thought... Papelbon has blown two consecutive saves in his absence!!! My fantasy baseball team- The Wily Mo Blumpkins just haven't been cutting it all season... I manage to convince myself that they'll turn on the juice and I'll jump into at least third place, but I'm cemented in eighth and I can't do nothin' about it. I've been sleeping on a couch for the past week and I'll continue to do so for the next week or so... it's a nice couch, but a couch nonetheless.

Quote of the week: "Bitch! All that crazy dancin's makin' my penis soft."

Buzzwords from the week: Venti's, remote control blinds, Long Island Iced Tea races, Eiffel Towers, 60GB IPod Videos, French Connection, lease signings, AmsterJam

Picture of the Week: If you haven't seen the Best of Chris Farley SNL DVD, go buy it right now, take it home, chew on it, it's delicious. I can't stop laughing when I look at this picture.

1 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 4:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, what about 33? You're from Beantown, aren't ya?
I think the best thing Clarett had was the bullet proof best. Like, even if he was unarmed, that's cause for some serious concern.
Talladega Nights was fucking hilarious. Baby Jesus!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home