8.21.2006

I'm cleaning out my closet.

Well, that's it. The Sox's ship has officially sailed. The Yankees own us this year. I was singing a different tune four days ago... I was full of hope. However, 5 games, 2 legitimate blowouts, 2 heartbreakers, 7 exploding heads, 1 really big catch Coco DIDN'T make, and one prescription to Wellbutrin XL later, I've thrown my hands in the air and sent up the white flag. I know relinquishing faith is something Red Sox fans should never fess up to doing after '04, but this year is different. This team has no heart, no fight and no spirit. Correction, they have ONE heart, ONE fight and ONE spirit and it's name is Big Papi. Honestly, there's only so much even THAT man-beast can do.

Big Papi aside, Papelbon aside, Manny aside and maybe even Schilling aside, I have nothing positive left to say about this team. No Red Sox team should allow themselves to be swept in 5 games by the Yankees, because let's face it- out of five games even the worst team should be able to squeeze one game out on will alone. David Wells gave it a good shot today to everyones surprise, but even with a solid outing from the fat man, we couldn't manage to win one. There's not a chance in Hades these bitches are going to pull out the AL East and at this point, the Wild Card is to the Red Sox, what The Talon is to Verne Troyer... just plain out of reach. You could make a case that three out of the best four teams in baseball are in the AL Central. Not a doubt in my mind that the Wild Card will reside in that division

How many days until the Patriots' opening game??? At this point I'm even looking forward to the Celtics season... at least they have the common courtesy to not get my hopes up.

{Editor's note: There will be no funny picture on this post, because there is no joy in Mudville... the gayass Red Sox have struck out. All I have is anger and depression.}

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 12:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Youk.
YOUUUUKKKKKK.....



(but, yeah, otherwise we suck)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home