8.22.2006

I'm sorry for yelling...

So I was a little upset yesterday.... a day in the life of a Red Sox fan. Don't get it twisted, I still have little to no hope left for this year's team. I just think I was a bit harsh yesterday.

Maybe I pulled a Thurgood Jenkins today, took a puff, and mellowed out, or maybe I just read this article that really does a good job of breaking the Red Sox season down. It doesn't make excuses, it doesn't say "wait 'til next year", it just does a great job of pointing out that while it's been a pretty miserable second-half, full of question marks and questionable decisions, there's really not a whole lot to bitch about other than players like Beckett and Coc-nasty just not living up to their potential. Y'know what? They're young dudes who are fortunately still south of their prime - it's just way too early to call them busts.

I'm pretty excited to see the direction this team goes in through the next couple of years. We have a lot of young talent that just couldn't cut it this year. The other major factor this season was that the Sox just have some holes that happen to be very difficult to plug without overspending. Pitching has been our main concern and there just doesn't seem to be a lot of pitching available right now. Pitching is at a rediculous premium these days.... but don't take my word for it, ask Chan Ho Park (yup that's right, he's making over $15M this year).

Also, the Yankees are just plain nasty this year. I'm going to take a page from Bill Simmons and just admit it. There, I said it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be spending the next two hours trying to find out how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of an eletrical outlet.

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 12:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but at least we've always got Manny.
(wait, what)
(fuck)
(excuse me while I go puke)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home