9.08.2006

There she was just a walkin down the street singin do wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo

A few celebrity sightings this week... actually both were last Thursday at lunch between the hours of 1 and 2PM. The following are dramatizations and may not be real.

First, my colleagues and I take a seat at a local sushi restaurant, Nagomi. I turn to my right and notice a pretty quirky looking girl reading "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor" by Bruce Campbell and giggling to herself. I caught a glimpse of her face and did a double-take. I immediately knew she was famous, but didn't immediately recognize her. She wasn't stunning, but she had one of those faces that you just don't forget - even if she ages like 15 or 20 years. That's when it hit me, this girl was none other than Anna Chlumsky, former child-star actress of "My Girl" fame. She was also in a few other terrible movies, TV shows and surprisingly enough, she was in "Uncle Buck" too, a cult favorite.

I gotta say, Chlumsky was pretty cute. Not drop-dead gorgeous, but I'd do her... and by "do" I mean take her out for a nice meal of food, drop her off at her house and plant a gentlemanly kiss on her left cheek without trying anything funny. I did a little stalking at work when I got back and found that she's currently employed in New York as a restaurant reviewer for Zagat. Good to know.

As if meeting Veda Saltenfuss wasn't enough excitement for one day, I walked down the very same street on the way to the office and who do I spy with my little eye? Jim Halpert from award-winning and critically-acclaimed show, The Office. Well his real name is John Krasinski, but that didn't stop me from shouting "Jim!!! LOVE the show!!!" and I proceeded to give an emphatic fist-pump. I made a split second decision that if I was an actor in a hit TV show, that's how I'd want people to acknowledge my presence. Some people may think that I probably looked like a jack-ass, but not Jim. He appreciated my method and thanked me kindly. I feel like I have a special bond with Jim now.... not the actor, but the character. I'm definitely rooting for him to get with Pam on the show now. You go Jim!

1 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

get this scottie, i also saw big jim from the office once. i walked passed him in boston during the marathon and completely blanked out when it happened. i was really bummed i couldn't track him down and give him a fist pump myself.
i also feel a closer connection to jim now, but mine is more as future husband. love him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home